What’s Happening in May
This time of year there are so many great festivals and special events in the Upstate. Whether you are looking for a cultural experience, music and dancing, golf, or just good food and fun-there is an event for everyone! Here are some of the fun and exciting “happenings” in May.
Enjoy a classic movie under the stars in Falls Park every Wednesday in May and September. Bring your lawn chairs, blankets and picnics, but please no pets. Movies begin at sunset. Remember, all city events are smoke-free, and adults consuming alcohol will need to purchase a $1 wrist band. Food trucks will be on site every week.
A two-day event filled with over 150 vendors, live music on the Main Stage and the Community Stage, Mitsubishi Anne Helton Creation Station, Davis Orthodontics KidsZone, and Greer CPW Restaurant Row
Friday May 4th, 6pm-10; Saturday May 5th 10am-10pm
Come to Falls Park May 5th from 10am-4pm for entertainment, food, games, and fun for the whole family. Adopt a duck and come cheer it on as it floats down the river and crosses the finish line! Visit the event website for complete details.
A 3-day event (May 11th-13th) in downtown Greenville featuring fine art, music, food, and fun! Come meet the artists, purchase original pieces and watch live demonstrations.
Ever wonder what it would be like to live in downtown Greenville, SC? Then the Downtown Condo Rondo is for you! The Guild of the Greenville Symphony will host this event on May 12th from 10am-5pm during Artisphere. This year’s theme Urban Lifestyles will take you on a tour around a variety of downtown homes. Tickets can be purchased in advance or the day of the event.
Attention runners! Come run through the Greenville Zoo on Saturday May 12th for the Zoom through the Zoo 5K and Kids Fun Run from 8am-11am. Entry fees are $25 for the 5K and $5 for the kids fun run. Stay after the race to enjoy music, snacks, and an awards presentation.
From May 17th-20th come out to watch the Web.com tour players and celebrities as they rotate through three local golf courses (Thornblade Club, Furman University Golf Club, and The Cliffs Valley). Tickets can be purchased in advance or at the gate.
Join the fun at St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral from May 17th-20th. Enjoy authentic Greek food, music, coffee and more!
Hey beach music fans-head to the Mauldin Cultural Center on Friday evenings starting May 18th from 7pm-9pm for shag dancing, food trucks and craft beverages! Visit their website for the full lineup of bands and more details.
This two-day festival is on May 25th-26th. Bring the whole family to enjoy a parade (Main St. in Downtown Greenville), music, athletic competition (held at Furman University) and dancing. See the official website for all festival details.
And don’t forget these ongoing events as well!
- Piedmont Natural Gas Downtown Alive Presented by Clemson MBA Every Thursday evening (March 15-August 30); Live music downtown at NOMA Square from 5:30pm-8:30pm
- Greenville Heritage Main Street Fridays presented by Pepsi Every Friday evening (March 16-September 28); Live music with a kids’ area from 5:30pm-9:30pm
- First Fridays-Greenville Area Gallery Crawl-Recurring monthly on the 1st Friday at 16 August St. Downtown Greenville; Various galleries are open to the public from 6pm-9pm-FREE!
We couldn’t possibly list every event but this should be a good place to start! Get out there and enjoy all the Upstate has to offer!
Connect with us!
- Visit our website and meet the Advisors
- Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram
- Check out our Blog Resources with articles like “What to do after a hail storm” and “How do I choose a deductible right for me”
- Download our App: Apple Store or Google Play